Pages

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Big Plans for a Better Future

It’s less than a year for me to graduate from my beloved college, STAN. A year is not a long time to prepare for the best result. Time runs very fast into that time, my graduating. It means that I should think more intensively about my future. People said that a good future needs a good plan. So, I try to arrange the best plan for my life. Before that, I will review the past time so that I can know what I have done and what I haven’t. Then, I am going to explain about my plan after graduating from college in this essay.

When I was a kid, I have many dreams. First, I want to be an ambassador. The reason was that I could travel around the world by becoming an ambassador. But my dream changed after I went to elementary school. Then, I dreamed to be an architect or a designer. I liked drawing some designs of cloths and gowns. I also drew some plans of housing. I did not know whether those just some hobbies or my real dreams. Actually, I could not hold on those dreams. As the time going, I went to the senior high school with unfixed dream. I still confused about what I want to be. But that confusion didn’t last long. I got more knowledge about my talent and interest after I take a Physiological test. According to that test, I had a talent and interest in computation and clerical job. From that time, I got focus to set my future.

The last time of my senior high school was a great time because I should decide where I would continue my study. It was a very big deal in my life. I chose to try UMB (Ujian Masuk Bersama) and decided to choose University of Indonesia. I really wanted to get to the Computer Science major, but my parents suggested me to choose Accounting major as the first choice. Then, I followed my parents’ suggestion. At UMB, finally I chose Accounting for the first choice, Computer Science as the second choice, and Computer Engineering as the last choice. I didn’t sure that I will get the Accounting because that major had the highest passing grade. But no one knows about the God’s plan, I was accepted in Economy Faculty at University of Indonesia! I was very happy at that time, so were my parents.

While preparing for my study in University of Indonesia, I still had one thing to do: USM STAN. Yes, however, I really wanted to study in STAN, although people said that entrance test to STAN was very difficult. I kept struggle to do the USM STAN problems from the past years. Until the time came, I got to do the USM STAN in Gelora Bung Karno, Senayan. I was a little bit nervous because there were so many people joined the test. But I was not give up. I gave my best and answered all the problems seriously. After that, what I could do was just praying and waiting for the announcement.

I was starting my study in University of Indonesia when the announcement of USM STAN came. My father called me and told me that I was accepted in STAN. I was very happy at that time, but a little bit confused. I doubt whether I should leave University of Indonesia and move to STAN. But after discussing with my parents, I decided to move to STAN.

And yes, now I’m a third-grade of STAN student. I’m so blessed that I can pass two years in STAN with my entire struggle. In this last year, I have known what I want to be: ACCOUNTANT. I think accountant is an interest job. It deals with number and logical. Yes, I want to be a government accountant as my education background I get in STAN. I want to be an auditor, a part of accountant profession, and work in Taxation Unit in Ministry of Financial. I want to be a tax auditor. That job seems interesting to me because I can control the companies and make sure that they have paid the tax according to their obligation to the country.

My big dream now is to be the Director of Taxation Unit. I will work hard to realize it in twenty years from now. I bring a big mission to make a good corporate in Taxation Unit so that it can be free from corruption. I will change it into a clean, transparent, and professional corporate. Wonder if our income from tax is really used to develop this country. I think the poverty and the unemployment will decrease.

I want to be a tax auditor because of some reasons. First, I love a flexible job. I mean that an auditor works mobile, inspect one company then the other company. I am kind of dynamic person. I can’t stand working in front of the computer and doing the clerical jobs all the time. Second, I love accounting and auditing. They deal with numbers, and I like it. I have an idea that auditing is very important to make a good corporate by keeping all the things run according to the rules. Third, I think auditor is a profession which uses analytical practice. I like analyzing something. The last, an auditor has a prospective future.

To achieve my goal above, I should work hard and don’t forget to pray. From now on, I should study hard in this last year so that I can get the good final score. Beside of that, I try to improve my knowledge outside the class. For example, I join some organizations to build my leadership and learn how to communicate with others. These are very important knowledge that we don’t get in the class. Academic score is important, but it is not everything. I have read an article that successful people are they who can adapt well in everywhere. It means that the way we communicate to others will affect significantly in our successful.

I will also continue my study because my carrier needs a continuous education. After graduating from STAN I will continue to my degree program. Then, I will try hard to get a scholarship from Ministry of Finance to take my Master degree abroad. I really want to study abroad someday, especially in Harvard University. By studying in the university abroad, we can enlarge our knowledge and friends. We can also think globally and learn to be more professional.
This plan maybe meet many obstacles, but I should still believe that work hard with pray will give a beautiful result. I shouldn’t give up before my dream realized. Don’t be afraid to get failed because failed is a pending successful.

I am sure that people around me, especially my parents, always support everything I do. My parents support me not only materially but also spiritually. They always accompany my way because they believe that I will be happy if I can realize my dreams to be a good Director of Taxation Unit. They also always pray for me and hope all the best for me. Beside my parents, I also have a sister who always supports me. I love them very much and I want to make them proud of me someday. Beside from my parents, supports also come from my friends. We walk together and we want to reach our dream together. We support each other by studying and discussing together.

That’s all my plans after graduating from STAN. Hopefully, I can realize them and make changes in our country. I will prove to everyone that STAN do not educate their students to be like “Gayus”, but to be a person who can bring our country, Indonesia, into a better future.

(This is my essay for English assignment about "What do you want to be after graduating?")

2 comments:

fjalarskrifar said...

hmmm.. overall the same fate as mine.

but now, i'm not even sure that i want to be an accountant or an auditor.

just let it go with the flow though.. hehe :D

Ika Mustikawati said...

Hehehe.. namanya juga buat tugas essay Do, ya tulis apa aja jadinya biar panjang.. XD

 

Template by Suck My Lolly - Background Image by TotallySevere.com